Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Check that the exe file is 12,375,570 bytes, and try running it by right clicking the exe file and select open.

Which OS are you using ?
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Ramjet
      • Oct 2002

Khp-
      I'm runnung Win98. If you are using windows this should be the same. Can you goto Start-Settings-Folder Options-File Types- Scroll down to and highlight the PHP file icon and tell me what the "Content Type (Mime):"and what the "Opens with:" settings show?

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Ramjet
        Can you goto Start-Settings-Folder Options-File Types- Scroll down to and highlight the PHP file icon and tell me what the "Content Type (Mime):"and what the "Opens with:" settings show?
        That is completly and utterly irrelevant. On a desktop system that setting should always be empty. The .exe file is not a PHP file it's an excutable.

Comment

• Ramjet
          • Oct 2002

Khp-
          I asked only because altering the settings for the PHP file type was the only way I could get any kind of response from clicking or double clicking right or left on the file. It may have the ".exe" extension on the file name but it is still listed as a "PHP" file under "file type". Thats the way it was downloaded.

Comment

• khp
            The Other
            • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Ramjet
            It may have the ".exe" extension on the file name but it is still listed as a "PHP" file under "file type". Thats the way it was downloaded.
            OK that not supposed to happen.
            Once again please check that the file has the proper size.
            And try renaming the file to something other than *.exe and change it back again.

Comment

• Ramjet
              • Oct 2002

KHP-
              The file size is 12086 KB and I tried the renaming but no luck........I don't know,,,,,,Maybe it's just not meant to be..

Comment

• khp
                The Other
                • Nov 2001

Ahhh I just got back from work, and have had a chance to retry the download with Netscape7. For some reason Netscape wants to name the file *.exe.php.

Which of course is why Windows detects it as a php file. Your windows explorerwindow is most likely setup to hide file extensions , which is why you cant see the .php part. Disable this in the explorer options or use a file browser that displays the full file name. And remove the .php part of the filename.
                Or just redo the download, and remove the .php part of the file name when you save the file.
                Last edited by khp; 2 Nov 2002, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Ramjet
                  • Oct 2002

KHP-
                  Thanks for your help.......Went into DOS, changed the name and extension and whaaaalaaa it executed. Now all I have to do is figure out all these files....Thanks again.....Ramjet

Comment

• Ramjet
                    • Oct 2002

FYI - Just to post a final outcome....After all the trouble downloading the Tsunami Filter Pack it didn't fix the problem.....I finally downloaded the WMPlayer 6.4 and DivXG400.2 7 and DivXG400.0 5 and the play was right side up. I then reloaded the WMPlayer 7.1 and the play remained right side up......Thanks all for your help...

Comment

Working...