Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CVANR
    • Oct 2002

ACM reported error in v-dub

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me out with this file. I'm trying to convert a dvddivx file to vcd when I load it in v-dub I get ACM reported error on audio decompress (200) Anyone know what that means?
    I want to save the wave file separartly from video because on video the sound seems to skip.. When saving the wav it gets to a certain point then i get the error message, but when i check the incomplete wav file it has corrected the sound skipping part any ideas how to get it to save the whole wav file?????????
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The audio is probably in AC3 format.

**IMPORTANT - VirtualDub v.1.4AC3 is a specific MODIFIED version of VirtualDub!

Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub v1.4C-AC3, set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying" and select (under "File") "Save .WAV/.AC3" - and save as .AC3 (IMPERATIVE to save as .AC3!).

Despite the fact that .AC3 file extracted using VDub-AC3 doesn't play properly, PX3AC3Converter will do a perfect job of converting it to .WAV format.

Comment

• CVANR
      • Oct 2002

ok got v-dub v1.4c-AC3 now where do i get PX3AC3 converter I looked at the same site but did not find it there. And what is it's exact name please
      Last edited by CVANR; 2 Nov 2002, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• CVANR
        • Oct 2002

ACM error

I have attached a text file of what the file i get the reported error on says under file info in v-dub. Maybe this will help solve the problem i am having
        Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Try using an audio editor (GoldWave, CoolEdit, etc.). Simply "drag and drop" the .AVI file onto an already opened GoldWave and it will automatically extract the audiostream. You can then convert the audiostream to .WAV.

Let us know of your success ;>}

P.S. If GoldWave generates a similar error, it's probably indicative of a corrupt audiostream...

PPS - I misread your original posting reference as "200", rather than "200", hence my thought that the audiostream was in .AC3 format (tag "2000").

Comment

• CVANR
            • Oct 2002

ACM error

where can I get goldwave or cooledit from please?

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Do a Google (or other) search...

Comment

• CVANR
                • Oct 2002

ACM reported error

setarip ..I got goldwave, then was able to save the wave file which came out perfect with no skips... So I saved the avi with no sound with v-dub.. then joined the two to make a vcd.mpg with tmpgenc and it worked perfectly even fixed the sound snyc prob with it thanks for all your help :

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...