Is divx just a pain in the ass for the avarege user ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lem0nRuski
    • Nov 2002

Is divx just a pain in the ass for the avarege user ?

I don't want to sound like a whining b$%ch, but is all this effort and continuos failures our so called video encoding softwere when compressing frames with divx codecs keeps spitting out worth the time and effort just for the sake of putting a dvd movie onto 2 700mb cd's ? Or are any of you those lucky whiz-kids who have a sure way of encoding *.vob files/file into avi with 100% success rate and standard routine which works on every dvd.

Well F$##k me dead because I don't!
    I have long lost the notion to convert my *.avi files into mpeg video simply because I have enough hard time getting the *.avi files to do what a video file with sound should do! That is simply play/skip properly with Video and sound. Believe me I have tried alot of softwere too and to put it simply this underworld softwere/codec doesn't output what you specify it to. The video side of divx seems all fine but when it comes to adding mpeg-3 audio etc. All shit goes down. First off you are lucky if you have sound at all after the job is done, yet our Flasks and simple-divx's etc. have no conflicting problems to report to you when they start rendering and compressing the video and audio in a way they allowed to be specified. But when those 2 audio/video layers are fused -1 pass or -2 the mother bitch of a file that is outputed is usually worth DOG SHIT !

Let me make an example:
    All I want now is not a bloody mpeg file! but a simple half split avi file with 1544kb/s video rate(divx 5.02) and 128kb/sec MP3 48hz audio working together in perfect harmony. I don't want to encode Audio in any f%%$n uncompressed AC3 streams and sacrfice the already avarege video quality. I can bare the out of sync audio which sometimes lags or jumps ahead when i play with the scroll bar. But when I am unable to work with an outputed AVI file with programs such as virtualdub or premier without loosing the audio even with direct stream copy makes this whole thing f$#n absolete. Just the other day I gave flask a simple task to encode 4 *.vob files into 2 avi files split at 3500 sec using divx 5.02 for video and 128kb/s MP3 48,000 sample rate for audio. To my surprise I find the first of the 2 split files is working well besides your ussual sync probs but they catch up, however the second is completely without sound no matter which media player I use. You know what I wrote too much already F%$#$k this SHIFT+DEL on my DVD-RIPP folder will do

I have used more progs/codecs etc. since I started this adventure 3 days ago then imaginable. I have used most stuff dvd.box.sk have to offer and more. Only to find out this is real pain in the ass not worth touching with a 50 foot pole. Now if any of you fine people have a one -stop suggestion or program that works all the time! Don't be shy and let me know. Beucase even thought I am russian and not use to paying for binary data I am about to go and buy DVD's at 44$ AUD bucks each in this wonderful country I prosper in now . What a F$#$#$n RIP -off huh !! I use to get anything that comes on cd\dvd for $1 back in rushka and now this.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

The guides at doom9.org and UncasMS's guide are a good starting point. Perhaps you should take a look at them. There may be a substantial learning curve involved, and encoding techniques may vary depending on the movie that is being encoded.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

I'm not surprised given the encoding tools that you are using (eg. Flask). Give GordianKnot a try and see how it lives up to your expectations. Learn about what it can do and how you can "tweak" its operation to your liking.

UncasMS, as Batman has suggested, has made available a guide in this forum and made it a sticky thread. You should be able to find it under the DivX section.

Comment

Working...