Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patrickroberson
    • Nov 2002

Divx 5.0.2 bundle, what's the problem?

I'm trying to watch a file that says it's DX50 or the newest divx. (5.0.2 right?) Anyway, I tried the installer (Divx502bundle)and after it said everything installed ok, i tried to view the movie and it locked up my system. I undid all the damage it did, then redownloaded it from somewhere different and installed again. Did the same thing. All my other stuff plays fine because i have several other working codecs on my system but all the new stuff is in 5.0. What can I do? I'm using XP. And have a brand new dell 1.6 with 300 something megs. and 20 GB. It should all work fine. I also tried several movies to make sure it wasn't just those movies.

Please Help
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

What player are you using? Try WMP 6.4

If that fails to solve your problem, consider installing the ffdshow playback filter, and configure it to play divx 5 content.

Comment

• patrickroberson
      • Nov 2002

How do I find WMP 6.4? and how do I get the program ffdshow? Also do I need to have divx5.0.2 bundle installed or does ffdshow have a built in divx player (its own drivers included i mean?)

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Originally posted by patrickroberson
        How do I find WMP 6.4? and how do I get the program ffdshow? Also do I need to have divx5.0.2 bundle installed or does ffdshow have a built in divx player (its own drivers included i mean?)
        Type "mplayer2.exe" under the Run command and WMP 6.4 will load up.

FFDShow filter is available from a codec pack, such as the latest Tsunami v.3.9.6.

In addition, update your graphics driver to the latest stable version and ensure that you have the latest version of DirectX (which is officially 8.1, I believe).

Comment

Working...