Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lighthousekeepe
    • Nov 2002

MPEG Encoders?

I know about TMPGEnc but know little about any other encoders, does anyone have any suggestions for others I could try & why?
    Your help would be much appreciated
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

CCE, REMPEG, LSX, PANASONIC MPEG ENCODER are other mpeg encoders.

TMPGEnc and CCE are by far the most popular. CCE Is very expensive. However, many argue it offers better quality (CCE allows you to conduct more than 2 passes, e.g. 5 pass encodes are possible) and it is faster than TMPGenc for single processor PC's at least.

Comment

• tag777
      • Nov 2002

The Best

I've tried various encoders and/or All in one tools and as a newbie to this dvd ripping,encoding stuff I have to say that Flaskmpeg is the best i've used so far; fairly easy to use and it hasent crashed yet!The only downside is that you cant que up multiple files to encode or if it does I havent figured it out yet.

Check it out

Flock, the best team communication app and online collaboration platform, comes with team messaging, project management and other great features that improve productivity and boost speed of execution.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

I've tried various encoders and/or All in one tools and as a newbie to this dvd ripping,encoding stuff I have to say that Flaskmpeg is the best i've used so far; fairly easy to use and it hasent crashed yet!
        You are joking, aren't you? Flask was never a solid application, compared to a number of other encoders that I've experimented with.

Comment

• tag777
          • Nov 2002

Its the first one that i could actually get to work.What would you recomend?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

to Tag777

Altjhough many others at this forum may, not everyone shares Enchanter's somewhat sarcastic point of view that, "You are joking, aren't you? Flask was never a solid application..."

I continue to use Flask v.0.594PX3 with, in my opinion, extremely satisfying results...

Comment

• tag777
              • Nov 2002

What settings do you use while encoding?

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"What settings do you use while encoding?"

That depends upon the specific DVD, of course...

With v.0.594PX3 (and all 0.594 variants), if you've ripped the ENTIRE DVD, you can process the entire movie "in one shot" by selecting "Open DVD" from the "File" dropdown menu. If you have ripped ONLY the movie files, selecting "Open file" and clicking on the first movie .VOB will result in Flask, in a similar fashion, chaining all of the movie .VOBs (video and audio) for you.

Comment

• tag777
                  • Nov 2002

I see,but what im getting at is do you prefer 1 pass or 2 pass,and with which settings ,bidirectional,phsycovisuall. etc. .... to get the best picture

Comment

Working...