X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • namrehs
    • Jan 2002

DVD Audio with Regular DVD

DVD Audio with Regular DVD

How could you make a regular type audio CD (not Redbook really) using a DVDR? Meaning, how much audio could it hold and what would the encoding rate be?

I was wondering why people just don't get a regular DVD burner (they're cheap now) and rip their CD's as wavs and then encode the wav in whatever format is suitable for a regular DVD (any ideas?). If DVDs hold about 7 times more data than a regular audio CD, then you could easily fit 7 times the audio and it would be playable in any DVD player! I need some ideas on how to implement this.

How would you encode the wav files? What would show on the TV screen while the video file (really just the audio with maybe a video bitrate of zero or something) is playing the individual song?

Most people don't have a need for the audio to sound any better than CD-quality sound already is so it would need to sound at least this good. I wish I could just burn a regular audio CD using my burning program but just use a 4.7 DVDR as the media rather than a 700 meg CDR and the player would just play it like an audio CD. I know this isn't feasible due to timing restrictions and such but a simple DVD alternative would be great!

Simply - I want to rip audio CD's and put them on DVDRs in some format that all DVD's will play and will hold the most audio at a CD-quality bit rate.

Thanks.
Working...