Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pakarage
    • Nov 2002

rar extensions

Hello, does anyone know how to play Media files with rar extensions? Also My DivX doesn't open. Can someone help? Thanks!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The ".RAR" extension indicates that the file has been compressed with a program named WinRar. You need to use that program to first uncompress the file. Then you'll be able to play it...

Comment

• Pakarage
      • Nov 2002

Hi and thanks for your reply, I have downloaded Winrar and have uncompressed these files with it however I'm stil lnot able to play it. Any suggestions? I also have DivX but it doesn't open. Do I need that?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) Now that you've uncompressed them, what are the filenames and extensions?

2) In order to determine which codec(s) you need for a particular .AVI, you should do the following:

A) Load the file into VirtualDub

B) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

C) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• Pakarage
          • Nov 2002

Ok now you lost me, the filename and extension I got but what is a Virtual Dub?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

It's a video editing/capture program that you can download from DivXDigest by clicking on the link at the top of this page...

Comment

Working...