Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dunDaan
    • Nov 2002

Virtual Dub error

I'm trying to read in an MPEG-file in Virtualdub to encode it with DivX.
    Virt.D. starts "Parsing VideoCD stream" (whatever that may be) but after about 280,000 of 320,000 sectors it returns the message "MPEG Import Filter: pack synchronisation error".
    Does anyone know what this means or, more important, how I can resolve this problem

Thanks

dunDaan
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

It's probably an MPEG-2 file, which VirtualDub cannot process. It can, however, process MPEG-1 files...

Comment

• dunDaan
      • Nov 2002

Thanks for your feedback. I've got one remark though:

The file I have is of a movie that consist of 2 parts, both MPEG. The other part has no problems in Virt.D. so my guess is that this one is also a normal MPEG-1 file. Also because Virt D can handle the file (unfortunately not completely)
      Any other suggestions??

Thanks

dunDaan

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Try loading it into TMPGEnc, as follows, and resaving it as a simple "MPEG-1" (NOT MPEG1-VideoCD) file:

File>>MPEGTools>>Cut&Merge

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• dunDaan
          • Nov 2002

It seems like this solved the problem TPMGEnc had no problems with the file.

But I was just wandering: Now I've got an MPEG-file of about 630 Mb, while the original was about 740 Mb. So what did TMPGEnc do with the file??

I don't even have to encode it with divx anymore since it already fits a CD

Thanks

dunDaan

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"It seems like this solved the problem TPMGEnc had no problems with the file."

Glad to hear that my suggestion worked ;>}

"But I was just wandering: Now I've got an MPEG-file of about 630 Mb, while the original was about 740 Mb. So what did TMPGEnc do with the file??"

It would appear that the original file wasn't properly written and closed...

Comment

Working...