Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteamBird505
    • Aug 2002

V-Dub-AC3 Problems

Using information from the forum I have downloaded both the V-Dub/AC3 prog and headac3he. Following the guide to create an AC3 file with v-dub to pass through headac3he is OK until I start headac3he. Its say there is no ac3 header.
    Another error message with a .wav is cannot find data chunk.
    These may not be the exact words but thats what they mean!
    I have all the right .dll's and I have re-downloaded both progs to ensure no corrupt files...same problem. It seems to me that the V-dub ac3 version is either flawed or i am missing something.

Any suggestions ? Anybody wanna say which version .dll's work or whatever......
    It's probably been around for ages but I just found Eacy VCD...
    put a dvd in the drive start the prog and in a couple of hours I have a mpeg that just needs cutting up to fit cd-r.
    Next stage must be to find conpatable DVD+R DVD player !!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Does the ORIGINAL .AVI file contain an .AC3 audiostream? You make it sound as if you're thinking that VirtualDub (1.4AC3, I presume) can CREATE an .AC3 audiostream (from an .MP3 or other format audiostream). It cannot...

Comment

• SteamBird505
      • Aug 2002

setarip

No..dont want to create ac3.
      having trouble with x-vids..advise says that the audio is ac3 and use v-dub ac3 to split the audio as a .ac3 file. That file is then processed by headac3he to create a .wav file and then to use TMPGEnc to encode the two files as pal vcd.

When trying to create the .ac3 as described in tutorial files using v-dub/ac3 version ...headac3he then says "could not find ac3 header"

I have tried running the file through Sonic Fouindry but I have sunc problems with the resulting .wav file.

I assume it must be something simple on my side for I gather lots of people use the two programms with success. I have nimmo 5 build 8 codecs installed, I have downloaded and installed ac3codecs...but headac3he will not take anything in!

SB

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"That file is then processed by headac3he to create a .wav file"

Try using PX3 .AC3 Converter instead...

**IMPORTANT - VirtualDub v.1.4AC3 is a specific MODIFIED version of VirtualDub!

Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub v1.4C-AC3, set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying" and select (under "File") "Save WAV" - and save as .AC3 (IMPERATIVE to save as .AC3!).

Despite the fact that .AC3 file extracted using VDub-AC3 doesn't play properly, PX3AC3Converter (or BeSweet) will do a perfect job of converting it to .WAV format.

Comment

• SteamBird505
          • Aug 2002

setarip

thanks for reply..will get back to you later with results...

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

I look forward to hearing of your success ;>}

Comment

• SteamBird505
              • Aug 2002

ac3??????

Seem to have a couple of problem x-vid audio problems in the past few days.

Used Bsweet to covert an ac3 file and another was solved by splitting audio and video using v-dub then re-encoding with TMPGEnc
              This again by altering Directshow priority.

So thanks for the suggestion guys..collectively "we" seem to have solved a few hiccups.

Guess the real secret is understanding the programmes and make up of the actual files....

Meanwhile I'll just scream for help!

Cheers and if not back before Christmas have a real happy and Merry Christmas and look forward to a happy and safe New Year

Karen

Comment

Working...