X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krisaguero
    • Dec 2002

Divx Player

Hey there,
    This is my first post on this board.. It seems like a dandy board for just about everything... ANyways, i was wondering if anyone can tell me weather or not there is such a thing as a DVD/divx player for like the home entertainment system???

I know that you can use some dvd players to play VCD's and stuff like that but i'm looking for specifically a DVD/divx player.... if someone can help that would be awesome.

Thanks for your time
    Kris
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Check out the information at Divx.com regarding the hardware by KISS...

Comment

• krisaguero
      • Dec 2002

Thanks

I will check it out.. Thanks man

Kris

Comment

• krisaguero
        • Dec 2002

Not exactly

I went to that site but i didn't find what i needed... If there is some sort of component player that played divx/avi files that would be great. There was one on there that was like an antenna.. and plenty of video cards to adapt to the tv but i wanna hook it up to the tv without my computer in the room.....

thanks again
        kris

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

I guess you didn't notice the following on the same page:

"First DivX Compatible DVD Player to be Released
          2002-10-22 18:33 GMT
          The announcement we've all been waiting for--the upcoming DP-450 from KiSS Technology will be the first DVD player to support DivX playback, offering compatibility with certain versions of DivX video. Look for more exciting DivX CE news soon"

It includes this link:

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Comment

Working...