Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eriwilnel
    • Dec 2002

playing divx video on a tv

Is there any kind of adapter or converter that will allow me to play my divx movies on my television, I am running xp pro 256 ram 1ghz duron, and gforce2 64mg graphics card,, please if anyone knows how to do this I would greatly appreciate it.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

You need a graphics adapter with a TV-out port...

Comment

• eriwilnel
      • Dec 2002

is that my only option because usually a tv port card runs about 229.00 or do u think this product would work with my pc.http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/P...o_adapter.html

Comment

• gikstar
        • Dec 2002

I had a similar question a week ago and it was suggested that I get a "ATI Radeon 9000" which is not all that expensive. Here is the quote from a friend on the message board.

"If you only want the TV-Out feature, you could use the 64MB or only 32MB because it doesn't use much memory to send out the picture from the PC. I myself have a 64MB of DDR Ram and it works fine, but if you want to play really demanding games it would be great with 128DDRMB of DDR Ram. but I don't have any problems myself (yet).....

But if you want to be secure in the future about games it would be best with 128MB Of DDR Ram.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Most graphics card ship with a TV-out port built-in nowadays. There is no need to buy a dedicated TV-out card. If yours does not have one, you might consider getting a similar card with a TV-out option, since the price will most likely be bottom cheap by now.

Comment

• eriwilnel
            • Dec 2002

ok,,, thanks alot fellas, also can I convert the avi to dvd format and play it on my dvd player for my tv? Will I have to have a dvdr+w to do it or can It be done with just a dvd R. Do I have to buy the 4.7gb dvd disc to use or will the standard 700mb disc do the trick? Sorry about all the questions but I am just now getting the dos and donts of digital video.

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

ok,,, thanks alot fellas, also can I convert the avi to dvd format and play it on my dvd player for my tv?
              VCD is the common option for those with CD writers and who want to export the movies they have onto portable medias which can be played in stand-alone players. Creating your own DVD is still quite rare and I can't give much comment on it since I haven't any experience in this area.

Comment

Working...