Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jharmon1031
    • Dec 2002

Xvid Rocks!

I started using XVID about 2 weeks ago. Since then i am very impressed with how it works. It encodes fast its awsome quality. And you have some great options in the codec. I will never use divx encoding again as lond as XVID is around. I have made over 100 movies on it already and its the best.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Re: Xvid Rocks!

Originally posted by jharmon1031
    I started using XVID about 2 weeks ago. Since then i am very impressed with how it works. It encodes fast its awsome quality. And you have some great options in the codec. I will never use divx encoding again as lond as XVID is around. I have made over 100 movies on it already and its the best.
    That's kind of hard to believe. 100 movies on XviD already and you just started using the codec 2 weeks (14 days) ago. That would equal 7-8 movies per day. Either your CPU is insanely fast, you are using 1-pass encoding (to save time) or you work on your movies 24 hours a day without sleep.

That aside, I'm still testing out the codecs and will see how it turns out compared to DivX 5 and SBC.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

i read it the way that all in all approx. 100 rips were made - not all of course using xvid!

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Perhaps he was using a hyperbole?

Comment

• jharmon1031
          • Dec 2002

XVID Rocks!

Actually i run a dual processor amd 2.8 GHz Computer with 2 Gigs Of Ram its insanely fast..... And im not lying its about 100 i can make a movie with XVID in a little under 2 Hours using flask Mpeg... Your codec rocks keep it up man. I would take it over divx 5 anyday. Keep it up. Great Job!

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

AMD has released their 2.8GHz processor already? Or were you actually implying dual 1.4 GHz system (which DOES NOT equal to 2.8GHz)?

Comment

• Batman
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Enchanter
              AMD has released their 2.8GHz processor already?
              Yes, it has been out for some time

A dual processor can really speed up encoding!
              For more detailed information on the xvid codec and other encoding procedures you may be interested in visiting doom9.org guides/forums. The developers of xvid frequent the doom9 forum
              Last edited by Batman; 24 Dec 2002, 03:01 AM.

Comment

• jharmon1031
                • Dec 2002

XVID Rocks!

No its the dual 2.8GHz i know that for sure but i will have to check out that site batman..I like XVID i think it has alot of great things that it can do. Its really nice. Ilike its encoding and how it runs it pretty stable to. What do you honestly think about it...

Comment

• khp
                  The Other
                  • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Batman
                  Yes, it has been out for some time
                  No, that's the AthlonXP 2800+, it only runs something like 2200 mhz (I don't recall the exact number), and the MP version doesn't even go that high yet.
                  Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
                  http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Batman
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2002

Sorry I was refering to the AMD XP 2800+ (which does not run at 2.8 ghz)

Comment

• Enchanter
                      Old member
                      • Feb 2002

Originally posted by khp
                      No, that's the AthlonXP 2800+, it only runs something like 2200 mhz (I don't recall the exact number), and the MP version doesn't even go that high yet.
                      I thought so. That would make it an AthlonMP 2800+, I suppose.

Comment

Working...