X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wennerberg
    • Nov 2002

Sound problem

HEllo everybody and happy millenium!

I have just tried the program called dvdx. I´ve tried to rip a movie from a dvd and it only took about 3,5 hours.. But the sound is out of sync.. and sometimes the videoquality is bad. I´ve tried many different settings but I cant get it right.. The first time I used the settings, that are in the guide in the program, but that didn´t work either..

Can somebody run through, what settings I should use in dvdx.. It dosn´t matter if it converts the dvd to an avi or mpeg file....
  • Wennerberg
    • Nov 2002

Fx what codec should I use.. In the option in dvdx, there are a lot of different codecs, fx Divx Codec 4.12 and Divx 5.0.1 Codec..

Comment

• gs0666
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Nov 2001

I haven't tried DVDx, but the codecs of my choice are DivX 3.11 DivX 5.0.2 and XviD (just started on this one).Remember to do a 2 pass encoding to get the best quality.

Comment

• Wennerberg
        • Nov 2002

what is a 2 pass? To choose only 50 % of the movie and rip that part first.. and then start another rip from the middle?

Comment

• gs0666
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Nov 2001

Hmmmmm....

The encoder encodes the movie twice and make a stat when the first pass is finished.Then the encoder uses the stat file to determine the amount of bitrate needed for each frame.Some frames need more,some need less.

Comment

• gs0666
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Nov 2001

You can read more about 2 pass encoding here

This example uses NanDub and DivX 3.11

Comment

Working...