Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Springer2002
    • Jan 2003

Struggling to burn a DVD +RW

i HAVE READ THE FORUMS BUT STILL AM HAVING PROBLEMS. i HAVE A SONY 120 DVD BURNER AND WANT TO BURN A NUMBER OF MOVIES. I UNDERSTAND HOW TO CONVERT USING TMPG AND GOLDWAVE FOR THE AUDIO HOWEVER WHENEVER I TRY TO OPEN THE FILE IN A NUMBER OF PROGRAMS LIKE NEODVD NERO ETC IT DOES NOT RECOGNISE THE FILE WHICH IS SITTING AS 2.5 GB ON MY HARD DRIVE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THE FILE IS NOT RECOGNISED. I CAN BURN TO DVD WITH NEODVD BUT THERE IS NO SOUND ! I HAVE READ FORUMS AND CANNOT FIND ANYTHING SPECIFIC TO THIS ISSUE. SO PLEASE DO NOT NOT KEEP REFERING ME BACK TO PREVIOUS POSTS THAT ARE NOT SPECIFIC TO MY PROBLEM. IS THERE A SITE OTHER THAN VCD HELP WHICH I TRIED STEP BY STEP WITHOUT ANY SUCESS !!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) First of all, please don't type in UPPERCASE ONLY (known as "YELLING"), as it is quite annoying/difficult to read

2) What are the video and audio formats of the video that you are trying to convert for burning to a DVD?

3) Do you wish to create a DVD that will play on a standalone DVD player/television combination, or simply to have more storage for playback on a PC?

4) What procedures are you using in both TMPGEnc and GoldWave?

Comment

• Springer2002
      • Jan 2003

Reply to Setarip

The files are movies downloaded off Sharereactor and are a mixture of Xvid Divx and Avi files. The program that was sold with the Sony burner is NeoDvd and whilst is encodes beautifully it does not include sound on any type of file ! When using Tmpg I followed meticulously step by step guides from vcd help and the file appeared to encode fine i chkd Vosub for fps etc and extracted the audio with Goldwave into a wav file. When trying to burn though (using Nero Unlead Spruce etc not one of them will recognise the encoded file with an mpg extension (approx 2-3gb )

I also notice when looking at the files made by Neodvd that they are udf . I have no idea what this is but understand there are two types 1.02 and 1.05.

The movies are to watch by myself on a standalone player that supports dvd+rw

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

The audio is most likely ac3 or variable mp3. You can convert the audio, or use a software that recognizes these audio types.

Comment

• Springer2002
          • Jan 2003

Reply to AC3 Advice

Please can you tell me the best software to extract ac3 audio

Thkx

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"When using Tmpg I followed meticulously step by step guides from vcd help and the file appeared to encode fine i chkd Vosub for fps etc and extracted the audio with Goldwave into a wav file."

Have you first tried simply dragging and dropping the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) directly onto an already opened TMPGEnc, to see if it recognizes BOTH the video and audio?

If so, you've no need to extract the audio and convert to .WAV. If you're successful at this, use the TMPGEnc to create the required audio and video files for either further authoring with SpruceUp or DVD burning with the most recent version of NERO.

By the way, the most recent versions (2.5xx) of TMPGEnc should accept for processing BOTH the video and a properly encoded .AC3 audiostream...

Comment

Working...