Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wallysaurus
    • Jul 2002

AIW Radeon capture problem.

I am having trouble capturing video with my AIW Radeon. Whenever I start to capture, it starts to capture and then just stops. Sometimes it will capture 15 seconds and sometimes 2 minutes, The amount it captures varies. One thing that is constant, it will not capture anything more until the PC is restarted. I have the latest capture drivers and ATI MMC installed on a P4 2.4GHz PC with 512 MB of RAM, an Audigy2 Platinum sound card and I'm running Windows XP SP1. I've tried everything I can think of, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. By the way, The Radeon was working fine in my old box, a P3 933.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

What capture software are you using? Perhaps you should give virtualdub a try (www.virtualdub.org)

Comment

• Wallysaurus
      • Jul 2002

I have been using ATI's software and I've tried Power VCR II. I'll give virtualdub a try. Thanx. I'll let you know the results.

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

rubbish card, rubbish quality, rubbish software.

fella's (and women! ), ever wanted to capture in near DVD quality?????

buy a hauppauge WinTV GO PCI card.

use these settings:

YUY2/YU12/YUV12 format

NO RECOMPRESSION

30fps

CD QUALITY uncompressed PCM audio

320*240/352*288

capture!

file size will be big, about 650MB per minute, but afterwards, encode to DIVX/VCD/SVCD/DVD etc......

and you will have NO problems, also, it is a cheap capture card!

just a little from my mind and help

Try to uninstall the sound card......use a different one for the time being and see if that happens cause I know for a fact that the drivers creative supplied/programmed triggers off after 15 secs on ALL the ATI capture cards......

Comment

• Wallysaurus
          • Jul 2002

techno, Thanx for the suggestion. I've been thinking about a different capture device, but quite honestly, I'm a little short on funds right now.
          By the way, I hope this isn't a stupid question, but what do you mean by "triggers off"?
          Thanx again.

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

the capture card i suggested is VERY CHEAP, £40 UK!!!!

triggers off meaning it tells it to stop capturing sound cause it thinks someone is hacking in the architecture of the soundcard, but it's actually telling it to capture audio using the processor in the card

Comment

• techno
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Nov 2001

could b........or sometimes I think, TMPGEnc just makes a guess and encodes to MPEG2.

But really, if u have high quality MPEG2 codecs, hint: cyberlink, then ur output and encoding will be good.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Does your capturing sequence include .MP3 audio? If so, download and install the Radium (Fraunhoefer hack) MP3 codec. Then go into your Control Panel, select Multimedia and DESELECT the Creative .MP3 player. Reboot your system and try capturing.

Let us know of your success ;>}

By the way, I'd strongly suggest that you read all responses to your post VERY carefully - as some posters are known to post unsubstantiated opinions as "absolute fact", as well as posting "responses" that appear to have nothing to do with your problem/question...

Comment

• techno
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Nov 2001

setarip..don't try and start trouble, because i am not.

and I know what u meant there, i'm simplying giving my answer based on MY, and other people experience and knowledge, simple as that, take it or leave it.

Comment

• Wallysaurus
                    • Jul 2002

Thanx guys, I think I've got it now. I uninstalled all of the ATI software except the drivers. I also uninstalled Power VCR and re-installed it along with the patch. Everything seems fine now. I was able to capture MPEG2 at 5000, 6000, and 10,000 bps.
                    Thanx for your help.

Comment

• techno
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Nov 2001

yvw

Comment

Working...