X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georgez
    • Jan 2003

launch a web browser when a video file is viewed

Hi,

I am looking for information/software that will allow me to edit a video file so it will automatically launch a web browser when a video file is viewed. Any help you give me is appreciated.

Thanks,

George
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

I believe the *.asf container should allow you to achieve this.

Comment

• georgez
      • Jan 2003

I believe the *.asf container should allow you to achieve this.

Thanks for your reply, however, I was not clear as to my lack of knowledge in this area. I do not understand what is meant by '*.asf container'. I understand '*.asf' would be a particular file type, but that is all. If you could point me in the direction of the name of an editing software I could use and perhaps some instruction on launching a web browser when a video file is viewed, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

George

Last edited by georgez; 29 Jan 2003, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• ShuMO
        • Dec 2002

... or .smil/.ram

Using Notepad or a text editor, you can create a simple 'batch' type of program that will fire up your video then execute other commands. the ASF that was mentioned is the Microsoft method for controlling this, another option is the methods available from Real.

Also coming to mind, depending on the complexity of your content could be the use of Flash. This program allows you to embed the functionality on screen with the content.
        ShuMO

Comment

Working...