Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ripley99
    • Feb 2003

Audio / Video Snyc

I've been using CladDVD and Smart Ripper for some time, well after ripping a DVD and running DVD2AVI, getting the proper files and then re-assembling it all with TMPGEnc the resulting movie is fine and the audio is all there....... it's just about 2 seconds behind the Video. Since i've done about 20 jobs I was really suprised to find this problem. Now, I then loaded the finished movie into Virtual Dub and sure enough, if I delay the audio by 1850 it gets right back in sync. I really don't want the AVI that is produced from Virtual Dub, I'd rather have my file produced from TMPGEnc be snycronized properly. So i have two questions: since there are no real choices for setting the audio positioning with TMPGEnc (unless i missed it) how do i correct the audio? Other than Virtual Dub, can i re-sync the main movie and keep it as a MPEG?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) In TMPGEnc, under the "Advanced" tab, click on "Source Range". A,ong other things you'll see "Audio Gap Correction"

2) When you created your ORIGINAL .AVI using DVD2AVI, did you play it to see if the audio was synchronized with the video?

Comment

• Ripley99
      • Feb 2003

Well first of all thanks for answering....... ya know, I didn't realize I could play the file in real time (with audio) before making the D2V file and the audio file necessary for merging in TEMPGnc .......... what a fool....... but that still begs the question as to why does it happen in the first place? Since I'm at the mercy of the ripping platform, I really can't regulate how the audio and video are ripped and whether they'll end up sync'ed until, as you say, by checking it first with DVD2AVI. Does the feature in TEMPGnc you mentioned, allow you to advance or delay the audio and do it under test conditons so that you know what the final product will be......... or do you test it and then quit, since one doesn't want to wait 5 hours and still find it's out of sync....? Thanks Again.....!!

Comment

• Ripley99
        • Feb 2003

Well, let me back up a second........ yes I know i can play it, not in DVD2AVI...... that just shows the video, but i can play it in Intervideo, which will play the vob files....... I looked into TMPGEnc and under the advanced tab, i have no "Source Range" nor any "audio gap correction" ...... i have version 2.57 is there a later version? I sure thought i had the latest..... thanks again.

Comment

Working...