Question about how to encode .divx / .avi to burn to dvd then watch on dvd player???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kws0623
    • Feb 2003

Question about how to encode .divx / .avi to burn to dvd then watch on dvd player???

Hello, I'm new to these boards and to encoding video. I recently downloaded some divx files and joined them and they came out to be around 750mb total. I have a dvd burner and an encoding program (TMPGEnc) to put them onto a dvd disc. My question is, can I view divx on my dvd player? It says its supports vcd's and svcd's and of course dvds, and the program says it can encode them to either of the three.

If I encode the divx file and put it on the dvd-r will I be able to play it on my dvd player? Or is there an easier process or way to convert divx/avi files to be viewed on my dvd player.

Thanks
    Last edited by kws0623; 6 Feb 2003, 11:24 AM.
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

I recently downloaded some divx files and joined them and they came out to be around 750mb total. I have a dvd burner and an encoding program (TMPGEnc) to put them onto a dvd disc. My question is, can I view divx on my dvd player?
    No. TMPGEnc converts DivX/AVi to Mpeg then it can do VCD

Comment

• Rincewind256
      • Sep 2002

No, you have to make an mpeg-file from your movies to play it in your standalone.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2003

No, you have to make an mpeg-file from your movies to play it in your standalone.
        If you are trying to say TMPGEnc won't convert you are wrong please post again if you would like to disagree with me...
        I have TMPGEnc Plus and it'll do it....
        And about puting it on a DVD-R I am not sure you can make a dvd media into a VCD so you might just want to put it on a 80 Minute 700mb CD. How long is the movie??

SKD_Tech
        Last edited by SKD_Tech; 6 Feb 2003, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...