X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsha
    • Feb 2003

DivX/XviD on PS2---burned through UNIX

Hello,

For a long time I've been trying to write CD:s containing DivX/XviD files with PS2Reality Mediaplayer [Windows] that my Playstation 2 will read.

However, to create PS2 compatible ISO:s I've been told to use the file cdgenPS2.exe (PS2Reality Mediaplayer). For that, I've installed WINE [UNIX] and have successfully been able to emulate it. Unfortunately, the only way to add files to the application is to drag & drop, which in my case is not possible.

Nor does cdgenPS2.exe include any import option, except for IsoBuster treefiles. But IsoBuster [Windows] refuses to read the AVI files in my ISO:s, so again I'm stuck.

I have tried generating ISO:s using mkisofs [UNIX] and then burning them with cdrdao [UNIX] using a TOC file (XA2/RAW). I've wasted countless CD:s doing this.

Which makes me wonder---what sort of ISO:s does cdgenPS2.exe generate? Once I know the details, perhaps things will slide a little smoother.

Or perhaps you know a more convenient way for Open Source people to watch their DivX/XviD movies on a PS2?

As for XviD. For that format to be viewed in the same way on a PS2, I take it the AVIC FourCC Code Changer [Windows] is necessary? Whereas the fourcc value is set to `dx50'?

Thank you.

Regards,
    ---johann
Working...