X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisX
    • Feb 2003

Mp4 to DivX

Hello,

Does anyone know a good & easy software for converting Mp4 files to Avi files (DivX) ?

If not, do you know any good Mp4 codec that I could put in the Windows\system folder and that would not mess my whole fragile DivX cathedral ?

Thanks in advance.
  • The Edge
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jan 2003

Hey,
    MP4UI will allow you to extract the video from the *.mp4 file and you can work from there.

I currently use 3ivX as my directshow decoder.

Edge
    "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• ChrisX
      • Feb 2003

Thank U

Installing DivX decodecs is a real mess actually. I spend my time installing/uninstalling things that never really work.

CU

Comment

• digitaldick
        • Feb 2003

mp4 to DivX....more about that!

Hi! Hey Chris X- may I ask- what makes you think that your file is an Mp4 file? And....why do you think that "Avi" files are "DivX"?

In my very, very humble opinion....it just ain't so! I hope that you will post back. Questions like yours help me understand this complicated business of what is what in the video play world. Thanks.
        be humble....be wise!

Comment

• ChrisX
          • Feb 2003

bekuz

Hi,

I made myself. The DivX (*.avi) with NeoDivx and the Mp4 with a special feature in NeoDivX (with 5.02 codec) that enabled to make a DivX into Mp4.

A real mess, those codecs ! Always preventing one other from working smoothly.

Bye

Chris

Comment

Working...