X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coro
    • Feb 2003

Problem playing movies

Hello all

I am wondering if anyone has Nimo because i have so many problems in trying the play certain movies. It is such a pain . I have tried loads of viewers but none work for me. Please help

The Problems:
    I am mainly using DIVX it will play 90% or the movies but then around 5% play just the movies and no sound.
    And then the other 5% do not play the movies at all.

Thanks
    Last edited by coro; 18 Feb 2003, 08:09 AM.
  • The Edge
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jan 2003

Hey, and welcome.

What are these problems? You'll have to describe your problem a wee bit clearer.

Edge
    "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• digitaldick
      • Feb 2003

problems playing movies....cont.

Ditto! Everybody has problems playing movies! The big problem is....What is the problem? So you need to specify what it is that happens when you try to play the movie. For example, what is the file extension of the movie file?; What happens when you run a GSpot on the file?; What error messages do you see, if any?; What Player are you using and what version of it? What is your O/S and what is your Processor, video configuration, and source of the video? Are your drivers up to date? Are U sure? Stuff like that helps people compare notes and offer you some useful help. Then the problem usually shifts to what codec is required to play the damn thing and where do you get it? Please post back cause I'm tryin to learn all this myself!
      be humble....be wise!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"around 5% play just the movies and no sound."

These movies undoubtedly require the installation of an .AC3 audio codec/filter...

Comment

• coro
          • Feb 2003

Getting this

That is the problem with some of hte movies not all but were can i get this.
          AC3 audio codec/filter...

Thank you so much for that.

Ck

GSpot was mentioned earler what exactly is this.

o/s windows 2000 Pro
          Player Divx Mainly, Windows player, Realy Player

ERRORs are just "Can not play"
          Last edited by coro; 19 Feb 2003, 02:57 AM.

Comment

• digitaldick
            • Feb 2003

Some followup for you

GSpot is a program that you obtain from a website that runs a kind of diagnostic on your movie files. It is a "must" have if you want to ask questions on this Forum, because it tells you what codecs that you are missing and then you post back with what GSpot says and then you try and find and then install the codec and then you try and play the movie. What fun! Problem is that it just ain't that easy, usually!

Anyway, check out GSpot here: http://www.divx-digest.com/software/gspot.html

Instructions for how to use it are clear and concise, just be sure to download it someplace that you remember!

Installing GSpot:
            1. Unzip the files to some folder somewhere.
            2. Run GSpot.exe by double clicking on it.

Good luck. BTW, the error message: "Can Not Play" tells you nothing, does it? You already knew that! Duh! You don't mention what player tells you that and I'm assuming that it is not WMP, so try to play the movie using WMP and then post the error message that you get and the version of WMP that you use.
            Again, good luck.
            be humble....be wise!

Comment

Working...