Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rck60s
    • Nov 2001

AC3 Sound problem when burning to DVD

I Dloaded a movie in coded with AC3...When I converted it and separated the audio from the video everything was perfect...The video looked awesome and the sound qquality in the WAV file was perfect...When I tried to combine them in TMPGenc the resulting file I got had nothing but static noise in it for audio...The video was perfect....Does anyone have an idea what I need to do to get this to be able to burn a DVD...
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try the following (instead of creating separate video and audio files):

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

Comment

• Rck60s
      • Nov 2001

I tried that...It created a m2v file which Ulead could not read

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

In your other post here, you've stated that Gspot indicates that you don't have an .AC3 codec/filter installed. If that's still the case, THAT's undoubtedly why TMPGEnc generated only an ".M2V" (videostream only) file...

Comment

• Rck60s
          • Nov 2001

Thanks...I have tried 6 times to install the AC3 codec but to no avail....Don't know what I am doing wrong but I cannot get it to install

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

if you have WinDVD, download and use DVD Genie to register WinDVD's filters with Windows. This will allow all programs to utilize WinDVD's .AC3 filter (iviaudio.ax)...

Comment

Working...