X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Second2None
    • Mar 2003

VCD/SVCD with TMPGEnc

Hi everybody...

Can someone please tell me why when creating a VCD with TMPGEnc, the default pixel ratio is 352 x 288 which is in a 4:3 ratio. However, when creating a SVCD, the default pixel ratio is 480 x 576 which is not a 4:3 ratio??

Is this supposed to be like this or should I manually change this. Im creating my VCD's and SVCD's for a normal 4:3 TV.

What pixel ratios do any of you use normally?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Second2None
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

for me, the pixels are what makes the quality better, for MB.you will still keep your 4:3 aspect and nothing will be changed. You can do the preview in tmpg to find out what you want it to look like (aspect ratio wise).
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• Second2None
      • Mar 2003

Hi there...

Yip I understand that more pixels you have, the better the quality. But what I dont understand is that for a SVCD, the default pixel setting is 480 x 576 and that is NOT in a 4:3 ratio.

That gives very rectangular shape on the preview with the hieght much longer than the width???

Thanks,
      Second2None

Comment

• The Edge
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jan 2003

During playback, the image is automaticaly resized by the playback decoder (DVD player, WinDVD, etc...)
        That strange rectangular shape on the preview is very normal for SVCD.

Edge
        "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

Working...