Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SwaY
    • Mar 2003

HELP some1 please!!!

I have a problem with my latest divx movies. Umm they start with being completely green and the picture is kinda like water, melting together. Pretty much a big mess...

Could someone tell me what to do? I have tried 100 codecs, deleting one's and installing others, but nothing...
    HELP PLEASE!
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Post the file information of the problematic files.

Comment

• SwaY
      • Mar 2003

??

I'm new here

Comment

• digitaldick
        • Feb 2003

more about that.....

Hi SwaY- You posted about a problem with Divx movies and you described this as a playback problem, i.e. < they start with being completely green and the picture is kinda like water, melting together. Pretty much a big mess... >

IMHO, to get the specific help that you need you will need to re-post here:
        Talk about all other file container formats and video codecs in this forum, including Ogg, RMVB, MOV, ASF, WMV ...

This will get you into the Divx>Playback Forum where you can compare notes with others who have problems playing Divx movies.
        To get the best bang for your buck you need to try to describe your problem in the title, such as : Getting green playback with divx movie. You should specify the player that you used. You should also be familiar with the how to's of using GSpot.exe and VirtualDub to help others help you.
        Start with learning to use GSpot by downloading it from here: http://www.divx-digest.com/software/gspot.html
        This ingenuous tool will identify such things as : which video codec your divx movie uses; what audio encoding method the movie uses; what codecs you have installed, and whether or not that you have the codec needed to play the movie installed on your computer. The documentation is great making learning how to use it a snap.
        You can then include the GSpot results in your post.
        One thing that you might want to consider is to uninstall all the codecs that you have installed that were not native to your computer to get back to base line. Too many codecs can actually cause playback problems, in addition to causing instability within your operating system.
        You can also help yourself by using the great "search" feature that is made available. Try reviewing previous posts about "green playback" and you will get lots of information. Here is just 1 post that you might find helpful:
        Talk about all other file container formats and video codecs in this forum, including Ogg, RMVB, MOV, ASF, WMV ...

Good luck.
        be humble....be wise!

Comment

Working...