Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biz123
    • Mar 2003

Beginner looking for help

I have searched forum after forum and have not been able to find an answer to this question... hopefully someone here will be able to at least educate me or point me in the right direction.

I have an MPEG2 file (football game from a ReplayTV unit) that I have tried to edit with Moviestar5. The original file is 400MB. I edit out commercials and halftime and rerender as an MPEG2 file. Although a much shorter video, the file is over 800MB.

If this may be a problem with the program I am using, please let me know what program I should try.

My end goal is to be able to edit and burn to DVD that I can play on my commercial DVD player.

Any ideas or suggestions?
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Well I don't see what your real problem is... You can burn right now if you plan on burning to DVD

Comment

• biz123
      • Mar 2003

I actually have two problems. One other file that I have is a football game that is 3GB. Even after editing out commercials and halftime, the resultant file is 5GB - and will not fit on a DVD. Also, it appears that the quality isn't as good as the original.

Are there any programs that would allow me to make some changes to the options of the resultant file that would make it slightly smaller? Or ideally, create a resultant MPEG2 file that is of the same size and quality as the original file?

Comment

• ivdilaudid
        • Feb 2003

try unlead video studio. to edit your video

Comment

• SKD_Tech
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2003

I would you Ulead or Microsoft Movie Maker if you don't have to do much editing

Comment

• bevo
            • Feb 2003

I use pinnacle studio 8 I find it easy to use and the burning bit is is pretty much auto. Also Them nice people at Nero have got a update for the nero vison express program, and guess what it will burn your divx and avi and other files formats straight to disk, no prating around with settings or encodings etc. Just click and go ! It does everthing for you all automaticaly. So far I have burnt divx films like 13 Ghosts which was a 668mb divx file striaght to dvd which took about 3 hours in total and produced a file size of about 2.6 gig. The quality was great better that vcr and it plays on any DVD player. My film collection is getting large now ! All ineed now is a really fast download site for more films !

Comment

• bitofhog
              • Nov 2003

womble is the answer

It has been a long time since you posted your problem. But I noticed no one actually answered your question. The answer is womble aka mpeg-vcr. All you want to do is edit out commercials. you don't want to actually render anything. Womble can do just that. see the following link for details.

Maybe this will help others.

Also, the person who last appended about nero burning divx files. Please provide version numbers so that we know which product you are refering too.

Comment

Working...