X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lexsis
    • Feb 2002

How do I watermark videos?

greetings,

I have some vids that I want to share with the rest of the world but I want to prevent theft.

how do I add a watermark to my videos?

thnx.
  • The Edge
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jan 2003

If you use VirtualDub then get a logo filter.....here's one.
    P.S. Keep it simple as there is nothing worse then a embedded watermark during a movie.

Edge
    "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• harishkumar09
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jan 2006

One question.Does adding a watermark using vdubmod lead to deterioration of quality ?
      www.vaishnavism.org

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

adding a watermark (permanently) requires encoding. encoding will always result in loss of quality, whether noticeable or not.

if you compress with the right codec (such as xvid) and at a decent bitrate, you'll be fine

ps this thread is 3 years old
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• 2ill4brasil
          • Nov 2009

Since we're reviving threads I thought I'd keep the trend going (instead of starting a new trend).

I have a simple WMV file, about 1 min long, that needs a watermark. It's very high quality and small size bc it's a just series of screenshots from an engineering modeling program. There's an obscure proprietary program that does the capturing & wmv conversion; each 1 min file is about 130 KB.

BUT on the topic of quality loss, when I add a watermark and convert to avi it turns to crap. There's a grid which becomes blurry, and we need a small size for the web so I can't increase the quality on this avi. I have it at 1 MB and it looks like the lowest quality youtube stuff.

What's the best way to add a watermark to the original wmv without losing quality, and without a huge file size??

Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...