Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xanther
    • Mar 2003

Help please! no sound in many of my movies

hello! newbie here dont you just wanna hurt us?

i've noticed in many of my movies. i dont hear sound. i installed
    divx 5.03 bundle and the all of the nimo codec pack.

i installed nimo because i thought it would help me watch Xvid stuff, but only to realize that the picture was upside down!. so i uninstalled nimo pack. and then it worked.. strange world

things seemed fine until i run across some movies i cant hear. i took the liberty to read a few pages of the forum posts to see if people have similar problem. i installed Gspot to see what my problem was. and it said

the audio format was :ac3 (0x2000) "Dolby Laboratories, Inc"

1) which codec pack do i have to install to listen to the movie
    2) are there other sound packs or so that i can install so that i dont run into this problemw ith another movie?
    3) should i uninstall all my codecs and install something new again with the age old question "what is the best codecs?"

i know nobody needs to help, so any help that you do give me is very appreciated. i love movies! kinda hard to enjoy them reading lips.
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

Re: Help please! no sound in many of my movies

Originally posted by xanther
    i installed
    divx 5.03 bundle and the all of the nimo codec pack.

i installed nimo because i thought it would help me watch Xvid stuff, but only to realize that the picture was upside down!. so i uninstalled nimo pack. and then it worked.. strange world
    Yeah... The nimo is not good at making users happy. One thing, don't install all of th epack because it will only cause codec conflicts. so I would suggest that you completely uninstall the nimo, and install the tsunami codec pack (click on the link on my signature). When you install, the best selection of codecs and programs and filters are already selected.

Having 2 of the same type of one thing will not be good. Do NOT do this, "standard ac3 decoder" and then the "intervideo ac3 decoder" only select one of them, as if they were both selected, there would be lots of problems.
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• xanther
      • Mar 2003

i installed divx total pack 1.3

it was in italian. and it worked. i'm a moron. nevermind! thanks folx anyway.

Comment

• chickeneater
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2002

I have never heard of the divx total pack... I stick with the good old tsunami, trustworthy, and reliable too. I have heard of other codec packs like some home brands name I forget. I know that the tsunami is better than the nimo because I had the nimo first, then I switched to tsunami due to conflicts.
        good luck.
        FFDShow filters
        Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

Working...