Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • typhon
    • Mar 2003

can't choose the codec I want

I was just looking around for some good lossless codecs for recording to disk... So I found Huffyuv, LCL (lossless codec library) and CamStudio lossless codec.
    The problem is, that when I want to capture video using virtualdub, I can't choose LCL and CamStudio as compression codecs... (huffyuv seems to work though)
    What's my problem? The only codecs displayed in the chooser-box are huffyuv, divx5, old divx3 and xvid... and when I take a look in the control panel there are a lot more codecs installed.
    Please help
    /Erik
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Are you sure that you are installing the codecs right if there isn't a self installation?

Comment

• typhon
      • Mar 2003

I'm completely sure... try downloading the LCL yourself and install according to instructions.
      am I alone with this problem?

Comment

• typhon
        • Mar 2003

by the way... I can use the codec in other situations... but not when choosing which compression to use to record from video-in... in virtualdub (and premiere too, I noticed)

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

Huffyuv and MJPEG will work with Virtualdub. For more information on lossless codecs, search the doom9.org forum. Huffyuv and MJPEG are by far the most popular choices.

Comment

Working...