Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Manofwar
    • Sep 2002

All in one codec solution wanted.

I just wanted to know what would be the best option for someone collecting and building on a huge movie collection.

I have movie clips with several diffrent codecs being used, e.g. DivX / Xvid / Mpeg-1 /Mpeg-2 .....etc.

I recently downloaded the Tsunami filter pack 3.9.9 and also Nimo, but with it installed, some movies that was viewable, are not viewable, after the installation of these filter packs or the audio and video are out of sync.

Is there not a library resource out there, where I can identify the codec's I have collected, and then built on my own filter pack, to keep up with what is changing in my collection?

It seems as though everyone on this forum, seem to struggle with the same problem, and most people reckon these filter packs, are the ultimate solution, which are not the case in my scenario.

I also tried changing players.. e.g. WMP (6 to 9},BSplayer,Viplay,Realplayer,Quicktime etc. etc.. and it seems as though these diffrent players, use their own codec's, and not the one's installed by the filter packs? {To substantiate this, I tried playing the same file, with diffrent players, and some read it, others do'nt}

Sorry for the long post... but I thought I'd give as much information as possible, to enable you to help me, find a suitable sollution.

If you need more info, just ask.

Manno
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

install all codecs manually and see how far you get

Comment

Working...