X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rman
    • Jan 2003

Macrovision

Hi All

This may sound a bit stupid but, Does anyone know of how to get Macrovision back in to the movies that i rip. I'm getting tired of people making VHS copies of the movies. Of course i could always stop loaning them out.

Any suggestions would be of great help
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

I do believe you can rip a movie with SMARTRIPPER leaving the Macrovision. As for adding macrovision back to the avi file.

No.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

From what source(s), in what format and on what type of media are you creating these "lendlease" videos?

Comment

• rman
        • Jan 2003

Thanks for the replies. They are not DVD rips. Most of the time these are captured videos and the card already gets rid of the macrovision as far as i can tell. or i would have known by now. i usually burn the files as VCD so they can be played on a DVD player.

Comment

• rman
          • Jan 2003

Thanks for the mention on smartripper if i rip a DVD i'll make sure it doesn't get rid of the macrovision

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Most of the time these are captured videos"

Unless I'm misinterpreting something:
            If you're copying someone else's work product to start with, aren't you being hypocritical in questioning other people copying your copy?

Comment

• Qyd
              Digital Video Technician
              Digital Video Technician
              • Oct 2002

Macrovision works for videotapes, DVD's and PayPerView programmes, haven't heard of VCD macrovision protection (but I might be wrong).
              I think it works like this: you PAY macrovision to protect something for you. If you are looking for something free, macrovision can't be the answer.
              There are a lot of programmes that get around macrovision, but I can't see someone crack an application that restricts "freedom". Would be against principle...

Comment

Working...