How to extract music from movie to mp3 or ogg?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Juggalo
    • Apr 2003

How to extract music from movie to mp3 or ogg?

Yo folks,

Sometimes I'd like to rip/copy the music out of a divx-encoded avi file. I guess it would be best if I could somehow extract the audio stream (usually mp3 or ogg) and save that seperately, rather than re-encoding the sound. Right?

How do I do this? I looked in Virtual Dub (1.5.1) but didn't find this particular feature. Any tips?

Also, is the sound in a movie always saved as one stream, or is it possible that the music and speech are recorded in separate streams? I guess when MP3 is used it'll be all in the same single stream, but how about AC3? Or is "multi-track" sound (or whatever it's called, I mean seperate audio channels for music, sound effects and/or speech) generally not done for divx / avi movies, and does AC3 only refer to seperate dolby-channels (i.e. 5.1 and stuff like that, instead of regular stereo sound)?

If all this makes no sense, don't hesitate to correct me, I'm a n00b on this area
  • Qyd
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Oct 2002

VirtualDub: audio direct stream copy; file-save Wav, than change extension from wav to mp3 or wathever the sound is encoded in.
    It's easy in VirtualDubMod, where you have the option 'demux audio', and extension is given automaticaly.

Comment

Working...