Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dalebo
    • Apr 2003

Out of synv a/v

OK. I have finall y narrowed the problem down. Input from TV source is OK. Try to capture from VCR it goes out of sync. What can I do? Am using Studio 8. Win XP. Used passthrough a digital camcorder and it helped on the Out of Sync issue about 90& but about 25 min. in to a 47 AVI video file it starts going a bit out of sync and by time I get to end is still a little bit out. Help please. Thanks.
  • Comberman
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Aug 2002

When capturing from analogue the video/audio sync problem will usually manifest itself right from the start, and will be sustained throughout the entire clip. To compound the problem, you can watch the clip on the PC and there will be no sync problems, then when you export it to the CD, video/audio will be out of sync. Life's a bitch!
    If you are experiencing sync problems well into the clip it sounds as if you have either dropped frames somewhere, or if you are outputting NTSC, you could be experiencing a delay because of differences in your frame rate settings: 30fps/29.97fps.
    If video is lagging, then find the part where the sync problems occur and insert several black video frames into the clip: bvframe/movie frame/bv frame/movie frame, etc. Don't insert too many bv frames together, move forward along the timeline a few seconds and insert a few more until the video and audio are in sync again. You shouldn't notice these black frames during playback. Alternatively you can copy frames and insert them, which in some cases might be the better idea.
    If audio is lagging, then remove frames in much the same way as you added them in above. Same rules applies: don't remove too many adjacent frames. Don't forget to unlock the video/audio streams when you are editing. You can re-lock them when you have finished.
    I think virtual dub has some sort of facility for maintaining sync.
    Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it can.

Comment

Working...