Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alwaysblue
    • Jan 2003

Roxio cd/dvd 6.0 question!!

Hi, I've recently installed roxio 6.0 and I'm having a tuff time figuring out how to burn an encoded movie unto a cd!! I had been using Nero, can anyone help me with a little tutural on burning vcd or svcd with Roxio......I've had little success and their help files are like chinese to me!!!lol
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I had been using Nero"

Why switch from such a simple-to-understand interface?

Comment

• alwaysblue
      • Jan 2003

I like Nero also and I still have it but I looking to try something else because I seem to get only 32 minutes of svcd on an 80 minute cd with Nero(straight burning that is) and I've been told I should get more than that.................maybe my encoding methods are at default?? I use virtualdub to extract my audio - settings at full processing mode with no compression at 44,100 - this works well for me( the once I tried direct stream copy with a recent movie release was unsuccessful when I went to encode in TMPGE.............any better ideas???

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

What is the duration of the mpeg-2 file you burn as an SVCD in NERO? If you burn a 32 minute file you will only get 32 minutes on the SVCD cd-r/rw.

Comment

• alwaysblue
          • Jan 2003

Problem is that when I load an encoded part of movie into Nero....if it's over 32 minutes it will say that the file is too large and can't be burned unto the cd/r as svcd.

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

What version of NERO are you using?
            Are you burning as an SVCD NOT DATA CD?
            What is the "file size" of your larger than 32 minute mpeg-2 file.

Comment

• alwaysblue
              • Jan 2003

I've got Nero 5.5.10.7, can I ask you what methods you use to encode a movie into svcd and generally how much of svcd can you fit on a 80 minute cd/r with Nero?

Comment

• Batman
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Jan 2002

I don't "convert" divx/xvid files to (s)vcd format---for me it's too much of a hassle, given the effort and quality loss.

Generally, I have been able to fit up to 54 minutes (overburning enabled) on a 700mb cd-r. (You can fit more if you reduce your bitrate).

Typically 40-50 minutes duration is not unusual for 1 svcd disc. When you encode with TMPGenc (Read dvdrhelp.com guides and doom9.org guides) Make sure you are selecting a good resolution and bitrate that adheres to svcd standards.

Comment

• alwaysblue
                  • Jan 2003

Thank-you Batman for your suggestions, I will make use of those forums.

Comment

Working...