Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Macintrasher
    • May 2003

need COMPLETE Gordian Knot how-to

ok, here's the scenario. just got a new dvd player for my pc and i wanna learn how to rip and convert stuff (to .avi preferrably). i've consulted numerous sites/guides/download pages but it just seems to get more and more complicated. here's what i'm basically looking for.

i have a 3-disc anime dvd set called 'Super GALS! Kotobuki Ran'. each disc has 8 episodes. it's in japanese and has English and chinese subtitles. each episode comes in 3 chapters: intro, main show and ending credits. what i want to do is rip each complete episode (intro, show and ending) and have it display english subtitles. i have just about every dvd-related program simply because all sorts of how-to guides said that i needed them, but i wanna try to stick with Gordian Knot exclusively simply because it takes a bunch of programs and wraps them in one convenient package. i also can get practically ANY program i need if need be.

now here's my main problem. the only Gordian Knot how-to i've seen is a little out-of-date and very incomplete. it requres that i d/l a bunch of programs and codecs but doesn't say where to put them or how to use them. many times it only mentions the software as a requirement but doesn't tell how to use them or even what they're for. in other places, it says that several steps need to be taken to figure out if a file is 'type x' or 'type y' and, after following the steps, it doesn't say anything like, 'ok, if your file looks like/does this, it's type x, but if it looks like/does this, it's type y'. this constant lack of detail and incompleteness is driving me nuts!!! when i followed the gordian knot how-to guide, i ended up with an .avi file that was tiny (2.02 mb), had no sound, no subtitles and, according to the guide, required me to reduce the framerate of my original .VOB file to 23 fps, resulting in a choppy, low-quality video. also, the guide said that SmartRipper was to be used, but the one (and only) time i used SmartRipper, it took 36 HOURS to rip the one episode (it ripped at 0.1x) and DIDN'T WRITE THE .VOB FILE! i refuse to use theat program again.

my main objective is this: if anyone out there can type up a very throrugh, step-by-step Gordian Knot guide that'll allow me to accomplish my goal, or if they know where i can find a COMPLETE, THOROUGH AND UP-TO-DATE step-by-step guide to using Gordian Knot (as well as giving links to sites that will allow me do d/l the files i need to put into the Gordian Knot folder) that would just make my year. a guide that also gives explainations of all the features and definitions of some of the options would also be nice, but if i can accomplish what i want to do in as painless of a fasion as possible, that'd just get my rocks off enough. if this forum isn't suitable for posting such info (if a how-to guide is too big) you can e-mail me at barndoor8@yahoo.com and either provide an attachment or a link pointing in the right direction. thanks in advance to any and all who can help this ignorant fool.
Working...