X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvboy
    • May 2003

Puzzling SCART

Hi all,
    I'm a hardware video developer and new to SCART. So, require some info on that.My question is, are pins on a SCART connector pre-defined, (i.e) can a composite In signal be given to a pin on the SCART connector that is labelled composite Out..I thot it is electrically passive and that any signal can be driven thru any pin.Plz correct me if i'm wrong..Also, if any of u ppl have any technical manual on it, it wud help..
    Do SCART connectors have 2 composite in pins? B'coz i need to give 2 composite inputs(1 from Composite RCA and another from the output of TV Tuner module)..I dont need any Composite out in my design....

Thanks
  • The Edge
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jan 2003

Hi, and welcome.

I ain't no tech wizz when it come to scart specification but hopefully this image will help.

Edge
    "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• Comberman
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Aug 2002

As a supplemental to The Edge's response you should check out: http://www.pcwking.freeserve.co.uk/scart.html
      You'll get the complete SCART plug layout showing any pins that may be available for customisation
      Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it can.

Comment

Working...