Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 13Beast REW
    • May 2003

video is too BRIGHT from vcr

I have two capture PCs with AiW 9000s. Both make video coming from a vcr super bright. its too the point you cant even make out the picture. They both work fine if I hook up a game system though. I've tried adjusting the software settings for the ATI software but it doesn't help. I've also tried several vcrs and they all produce the same results. Any ideas about what I should do? If you want screen shots I can take them and upload them as well.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You're undoubtedly viewing the results of Macrovision protection...

Comment

• Tom Tom
      • May 2003

If you can get a cheap mixing desk (for video like an old edit suite vision mixer) and put the video into that then out to the card (it was for a computer ?)

This might help

Comment

• 13Beast REW
        • May 2003

I doubt that its the macrovision protection as some of the tapes were copies that already had copy protection disabled. Even when trying copies of videos transfered to VHS from Hi-8 it still gives the brightness problem.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Have you tried adjusting your monitor's controls (buttons usually on the bottom front of monitor)?

Comment

• 13Beast REW
            • May 2003

yes, i've even tried that. If i unplug the composite video cable, the card will display the video correctly for about 2-5 seconds before the bright kicks in. maybe that will help in determining the cause and a possible solution

Comment

• 13Beast REW
              • May 2003

Strangely enough, when I tried a tape again last night I didnt have the problem at all. I then tried all the tapes I tried the first time but the problem never repeated itself. I didnt do anything different so now I'm clueless as to what the problem was in the first place. Hopefully it will continue to function properly.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Whatever works ;>}

(You never know, maybe your monitor was overheating and cooled off overnight - or maybe you reconnected your composite cable differently)

Comment

Working...