compatibility with dvd players. also burning questions. trying to figure which to buy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robmcw
    • Jun 2003

compatibility with dvd players. also burning questions. trying to figure which to buy

hi!
    so. what i will be using a dvd writer for is converting videos that i have to mpeg format on my computer. and then burning them to dvds. im' pretty sure that the video format you put onto dvds is mpeg, correct. in my video software for mpegs it has dvd quality. and i'm assuming that is what i would convert to and then burn it? if i use a lesser quality mpeg will it still work fine on dvd players. as in, these videos are on vhs or old camcorders and are obviously not dvd quality and therefore i could fit more on each disc?

also. if i wanted to copy some of the dvds. and i had a dvd burner and a regular drive. can i do disc to disc instead of disc to hard drive to disc? for this with a 4X writer how long would this take. in the review for the pioneer it says a disc takes 15 minutes. i'm assuming this is from the hard drive to the disc. would it still be the same amount of time? is this possible to do with dvd-r discs because they tend to read them slower (it says only at like 1 or 2 times in the pioneer review).

are the different burners compatible with only some dvd players (as in, on your tv dvd player) or with all. are they restricted to areas such as vhs tapes with ntsc, pal, secam formats?

hopefully this all made sense and hopefully someone can help me. i want to make sure our make the right choices. thank you

Rob.
Working...