Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XwolfbagX
    • Nov 2001

Vcd playing on dvd player

I figured how to make dvd's and i was excited but now i think i may have a dvd player that doesnt play vcd's. But on the player it says video cd/ dvd/ cd.
    when i put a the burned cd in it doesnt find a disc.........can someone tell me if im doing something wrong or if its just my player...thanks

i used tmpeg to convert to mpeg1 and then used nero to make the vcd...help!!!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

try playing your vcd on somebody elses standalone
    if it works your player doesnt seem to support this format

Comment

• Jinsong
      • Nov 2001

It seems that your DVD can't read CD-R. That's all. Not all DVD player may read CD-R. When you buy DVD player, you should check if it can read CD-R, CD-RW. It's important if you want to play VCD burned by CD burner.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To make things even worse (unfortunately), even if your player DOES have the capability of playing VCDs, not all players recognize all brands of blank CDs. I've personally had great success using the Prime Peripherals and Art Media (now out of business) brands pf blank CDs.

Comment

• Simon T
          • Nov 2001

:angrn:

A good player for the VCD's according to me is the Philips. It can handle with different kinds of bitrates in your movie. Easy when your movie is just to long to put it on two cd's.
          Still standing... ...also after the forumcrash )

Comment

Working...