Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leevirg
    • Jun 2003

Codecs needed

I want to download movie files and play them on my tv. I dont want to burn them on to cds.
    What codecs do I need and where do I get them?
    I was told not to get codec packs is this true?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I want to download movie files"

You'll probably obtain more meaningful responses by posting this question in the "P2P" sub-forum here - It was established to deal with questions regarding video downloads (as opposed to videos that you create)...

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Re: Codecs needed

Originally posted by leevirg
      I want to download movie files and play them on my tv. I dont want to burn them on to cds.
      What codecs do I need and where do I get them?
      For playback purposes, nothing beats FFDShow. Simply install and configure it to handle the different types of MPEG-4 compression formats and you are set to go.

If you wish to output the picture to a TV, you will need to have a graphic card that has a TV-out port (recent to some older cards have them already). If you do not have one such card, getting a new budget card will solve the problem and not burn a hole in your pocket. I personally recommend ATI cards for their excellent TV-out quality.

Originally posted by leevirg

I was told not to get codec packs is this true?
      Get the Tsunami codec pack, if you must. Users of this pack have reported the least amount of problems.

Comment

• MPS
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Mar 2003

just remember to foollow the instructions while installing tsunami, as some codecs there are conflicting

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by MPS
          just remember to foollow the instructions while installing tsunami, as some codecs there are conflicting
          It is common sense that one should follow instructions that have been provided ...

Comment

• MPS
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Mar 2003

not every1 thou pays attention to every warning that occurs during tsunami install

Comment

Working...