X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhawke
    • Jun 2003

Which Codec Pack??

Hi!

I have a problem with the Nimo Pack. Everytime i install it (build 8 or 9 beta) I can't open any Files anymore. Windows Media Player, WinDVD, even the Internet Explorer crashes, each times it tries to open a file. (doesn't matter if MP3, AVI, MPG)

After that I uninstalled the pack, and the MP3s were working again.

So which codec pack does actually work??
  • MeZ
    • Jun 2003

Hey.. Well what I would do is not get a codec "pack.." Instead of usin a codec pack you should use separate kind of codecs.. Thats what I did and believe me its great... All you really need is DivX codec and Xvid codec..

-MeZ

Comment

• V10
      • Aug 2002

Hello rhawke,

I had never any problem with the nimo codecpack!!! Strange!!
      I used it under Win Xp (Sp1) , Win2k (Sp2, Sp3) and Win 98 release 2!!

Maybe you can try to instal the Tsunami Filter pack!! Maybe that
      will help!!

C U Around

V10
      We all have to learn!!

Comment

• The Edge
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jan 2003

I'd advised ffdshow for all your mpeg4 playback needs.

Personally, I don't like install packs.]

Bren
        "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• MPS
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Mar 2003

"I had never any problem with the nimo codecpack!!! Strange!!
          I used it under Win Xp (Sp1) , Win2k (Sp2, Sp3) and Win 98 release 2!!"
          i'd like to add Win 98 to the above list...

Comment

• Klooedzs
            • Apr 2002

For codec packs, i personally hate them. From time to time, codec gets updated, but not all of the codec packs are always updated as fast as the codec. So as the other said, it'd be better to install separate kind of codec. It also depends on your needs. I use FFDShow to play all video content. I'm not really sure on the audio, i use radium codec so far, it works fine. Just that there is a clip featuring some animation from warner bros if i'm not mistaken, the video works fine, but the audio is missing. when i install the Kristal Audio codecs, which is include divx3.11 alpha and audio codec that i don't know what it is and it works. so, anyone would recommend the audio codec??

For encoding needs, i'm sure that you will need DivX 5.* and Xvid codec.

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

if you want a decent codec pack use TSUNAMIs 3.9.9

codec packs like the one from tsunami actually do contain a little more than just divx and xvid codecs.
              thus they might turn out invaluable!

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

Codec packs are actually very convenient and neat since you can have a number of codecs and tools installed under one straight installation. Of course, as one poster put it, it is not a good idea to have codecs that are still being regularly updated installed under the pack. Hence my preference for installing only codecs and tools that are no longer updated (or just not worth updating). Otherwise, I would say codec packs are indispensable.

Comment

Working...