Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Cheese
    • May 2003

Encoding format..

Ok, I like too record videos of games and then put music on them and put em up for download. So I was wondering, does anyone here know which video formats support resulotions higher than 640x480? I also need to know what people think is a good encoder, ie: what encoder with what bitrate will produce the best quality from raw avi?

Thanks in advance, The Cheese.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

"does anyone here know which video formats support resulotions higher than 640x480?"

DivX and XviD, in the container formats AVI & OGM, do...

"what encoder with what bitrate will produce the best quality from raw avi?"

Load the AVI into Virtualdub and use one of the above-mentioned codecs. Use the 1-pass, Quality-based setting and use a quality at 100%.

Comment

• The_Cheese
      • May 2003

Nice. Good detail. Thank you very much friend!

Comment

• ChristianHJW
        matroska project member
        • May 2003

Originally posted by Enchanter DivX and XviD, in the container formats AVI & OGM, do...
        ... you forgot matroska ( .mkv ) ..... ..
        Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

• BoF
          • Nov 2001

lol ChristianHJW !!!! defend your container !
          [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

"Nice. Good detail. Thank you very much friend!"

You're welcome, The_Cheese.

"... you forgot matroska ( .mkv ) ..... .."

ChristianHJW, sorry 'bout forgetting your new container format. I have not been doing any new tests lately (which would have included your great container format), so I suppose I can be forgiven for failing to mention it.

So, to rectify things, in the container formats AVI, OGM and MKV.

Comment

• ChristianHJW
              matroska project member
              • May 2003

Originally posted by Enchanter So, to rectify things, in the container formats AVI, OGM and MKV.
              Thanks for your interest .... the new washing machine will be sent to your known adress and does only cost 699,- bucks ..... LOL ....
              Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

• RNCSerge
                • Jul 2003

I use Windows Media Encoder 7.1 (encodes in WMV8 and 7) I just encoded a 1 hour 55 min movie at 830 kbps video, 32 kbps audio at 720x306 resolution (1:2.35 aspect ratio). Great quality. fit on a CD

Comment

Working...