Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TreizKushrenada
    • May 2003

auido out of sync for some reason

i have 2 crap computers, one is an emachine pc with a celeron, 366mh, 128 ram and winxp home, the other is a compaq presario 1200 laptop, pentium 2, 500mh, 128 ram and winxp home. I have the same codecs installed on both of them. The movies play with no problems on my emachine, but they play with the audio way out of sync on my laptop which is a more powerful machine. Can anyone tell we why? Shouldnt the movies play better on a machine with more power? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Is your laptop running at a higher DESKTOP resolution than your desktop computer?

2) Do you have any unnecessary programs running in the background on your laptop? If so, turn them off...

3) Defragment your hard drive

Comment

• TreizKushrenada
      • May 2003

well i have the screen resolution and color bit set as low as they can go already and theyre lower than the amachines setting. Theres nothin running in the backround, to make sure i even went into the task manager procceses tab and shut everything down that wasn't vital to the computer. I haven't defraged it yet though. Ill try that and see if it works any better. Thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...