• Jul 2003

i await paitently his response....

Thanks in advance UncasMS

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Just a note to ShoGun

I don't know what the cause of it is but, it seems that at the time of my last two postings to you, some of the previous posts by both you and UncasMS did not appear in this thread - but now appear as earlier posts.

Therefore, if any of my posts appear to make no sense (because of their sequence), I apologize...

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

If that's the case, I don't understand why DVDLab is generating an error regarding a .VOB file
        for some reason dvdlab states *vob file* altough the file in question is an mpeg-2/svcd stream.

try this:

merge your 2 or 3 svcd files in tmpeg and finally demux the entire file.

then load sound and video separately into dvdlab.

Comment

• ShoGun
          • Jul 2003

merge which files in which folders to tmpeg ?

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

i'd suggest you merged the original svcd files to one file first with tmpeg.

then demux this newly *created* file into audio and video stream and load those two streams into dvdlab.

Comment

• ShoGun
              • Jul 2003

when u mean merge the original svcd files am i right in saying you mean in TMPGEnc click file>>MPEG TOOLS>>De_Multiplex then add the file AVSEQ01.MPG. Which then creates 3 files in total and i then double click the audio and video and save them.

Is that what your talking about?

I apologise for my lack of knowledge on this but i guess once i've done it, it will become clearer.

Thanks in advance

P.S The above i have already tried but it only got to 20% and it stopped with no error's, so its only done a little part of the movie. I have 2 parts to this movie, each part being 40mins and whats being coverted to my HD is 10mins.

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

not quite

i meant merge when i said merge an demux when i said demux

why merge the files first?
                - because dvdlab will let you store ONE pice of video and audio into one container at a time.
                thus a 2 or 3 cd svcd would require 2-3 separate conatiner in dvdlab.
                this in itself isnt a problem but when you decide to press SKIP on your remote your standalone player will jump to the next container - no matter if that is part 2 of the movie or maybe the second or third movie.

now i prefer to have an entire movie stored into one container and thus i would be able to skip/jump to the next title and not the next PART.

this is the main reason for MERGING the files of a movie first.

in your particular case, however, another reason might come up:
                your file might be slightly damaged or faulty.
                merging the files and saving them to a new, complete file might eliminate a possible error.

so what you do first is this:

copy the avseq01.mpg to for example part1.mpg and the other avseq01.mpg to part2.mpg.

- then open tmpeg and go to mpeg-tools => merge & cut
                - load part1.mpg and part2.mpg
                - define an output name and run the merge process

afterwards load the newly created file into tmpeg => mpeg-tools => simple de-multiplex and have it demuxed/demultiplexed.

having done so load/import your video and audio stream into dvdlab.

in case your dealing with svcd compliant and error-free files this should work fine.

good luck.

++++++++++++++++++++++

it only got to 20% and it stopped with no error's
                should that be the case, your file might be damaged like i said before.

that of course must make dvdlab stop.

so all in all it is not a problem of dvdlab/this suggestion in order to burn your files directly to dvd but it might turn out your file is too damaged for any further processing - no matter if it is dvdlab or tmpeg.
                Last edited by UncasMS; 30 Jul 2003, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• ShoGun
                  • Jul 2003

Great stuff, i did as you have said and it worked and i burnt it to DVD no problem. When i went to view it the picture is great but after 20 secs i lost the sound. Any idea's ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

actually i wouldnt know

maybe your original files are corrupt.

in case the merged file plays fine (does it?), then try playing the DEmuxed sound file to check if it is still working fine.
                    the DEmuxed file should be an mp2 file which most players should be able to play.

in order to prevent coasters you should test your vobfiles, which dvdlab creates, with a softwareplayer like powerdvd BEFORE burning them.

moreover a rewritable dvd is quite useful as well.

Comment

• ShoGun
                      • Jul 2003

i think your right in saying the file maybe corrupt. I compiled another SVCD and converted it to DVD the way u told me, this worked perfect apart from 10mins into the movie the next 20mins is missing and then carries on lol but the sound and picture is great. I checked in dvdlab before i burnt it it is missing, so i went into the "New Folder" i created where i copied the AVSEQ01.MPG's and checked they played the whole movie which they did. I checked the size of the AVSEQ01.MPG on both CD's and they are the same size i copied to my HD. Any idea's on this one ? lol

Thanks again in advance

Comment

• UncasMS
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2001

are you saying that the merged or single file plays fine and AFTER using dvdlab the file is corrupt/damaged?

Comment

• ShoGun
                          • Jul 2003

it seems after they are merged the problem lies, i just checked the merged file and its only 59min long instead or 1hr 30ish

Comment

• UncasMS
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2001

then either do NOT follow my advice of merging the 2 or 3 svcd parts first and use ech part separetly in dvdlab - try to feed the mpg directyxl into dvdlab since that normally works fine - the demuxing was only sort of a workaround.

did you EVER manage to successfully merge two or more files with your tmepg version? maybe you might want to try a different version in case the merged file is your problem at the moment?

Comment

• ShoGun
                              • Jul 2003

it seems that the 1st movie i merged worked fine but the sound stopped after about 20 secs and stayed of for the remainder of movie, but it had the full movie

am i right in saying that if i dont merge the 2 parts and put them both into the dvdlab it will see them as two seperate movies ?

Comment

• UncasMS
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2001

the two files will be stored into two *empty movie* container

if you LINK the files they will be played consecutively and thus it should be no problem when watching the title
                                Last edited by UncasMS; 31 Jul 2003, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Working...