error: cannot open the video input device.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MSM69Z28
    • Jul 2003

error: cannot open the video input device.

just got a samsung scd27. i have windows XP prof on my work notebook. i have a belkin 1394 card. the card is detected and functioning (per the device manager). i loaded samsung's driver software. i am using ulead video editing. when i try to capture, i get the error message:

"error: cannot open the video input device.
    failed in capturing.
    the created file is corrupt and unusable.
    it will automatically be deleted."

it worked on my home pc with win2000 prof. problem is my home pc is old and slow so it captures crapped. wanted to use my work notebook which is new and quick.

on my home pc, the ulead software shows the capture plug in to be the "Microsoft DV and VCR Driver", but at work it shows, "Samsung Camcorder USB-D03 Capture Driver". i believe this may be the problem. how do i get the microsoft driver to show up? is this and XP problem?

help!

thanks,

mike
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Perhaps the following (from the Ulead Video Studio url) may help:

"For MS DV driver:
    Download the DirectX® 8.0a driver and the DV Update Patch for your IEEE 1394 Digital Video Equipment by clicking http://www.microsoft.com/directx/hom...s/default.asp.

In Control Panel, select System > Device Manager Tab > 1394 Bus Controller.
    Connect your DV camcorder to your DV capture card, and then turn on the camcorder. In the Control Panel, select System > Device Manager Tab > 'Image device.' Choose 'Microsoft DV Camera and VCR' or the model of your DV.
    In the VideoStudio Global Commands menu, change Capture Plug-in to Ulead DirectShow capture plug-in.
    "MS DV Camera and VCR" should be selected under "Change Capture Plug-in."
    In Global Commands > Select Device Control, choose MS 1394 device control."

Comment

Working...