MicroMV Firewire capture set up ok, BUT!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whammamoosha
    • Aug 2003

MicroMV Firewire capture set up ok, BUT!!!

Everything is set up as it should:

- Win2K recognizes the camera (as "Sony MVDVCR" device);
    - Pinnacle Studio DV 8.5.21 is also set up for using MicroMV;
    - I can control the camera from Studio DV 8 (play stop, rewind, etc);
    - During capture I get an average 20% CPU load;
    - There's not much disk activity (capture in native MicroMV = 8.2 Mbit/sec = 1.025 MB/s)
    - All antivirus software is disabled and memory is free as much as possible;

BUT THE CAPTURE IS BLOCKY, PIXELATED, GARBLED AND WITH STUTTERING SOUND - EVEN SHOWN IN THE CAMERA LCD PANEL DURING CAPTURE!!!

Studio DV 8 will crash right after the "capture" ("MASSACRE" defines that better) while trying to separate the scenes.

I saw this in Sony's support site:

"When playing back through an iLINK® cable connection to another device, such as a computer, and the picture contains pixelization, the camcorder is not operating correctly. Service will be required to resolve this issue."

I have heard of many people successfully capturing using Studio DV 8 with a similar configuration, why can't I?

Do I REALLY have a defective camcorder OR am I doing anything wrong?
  • Whammamoosha
    • Aug 2003

Still no help?

Can someone please post a reply?

Comment

• GAK
      • Apr 2003

micromv

If your camera is a Dcrip5 or 7, The unit needs to be serviced as it does work right when Everything is operating normally.
      Unfortly, the micromv formate is mpeg2-ts not dvd standard.
      IE: the file has to be converted to whatever format you want.

Comment

• marceli
        • Aug 2004

I have a Sony camcorder DCR.IP5E, you needs a Windows XP for capture the micromv format whit Studio 8 or studio 9. Micromv format don´t work whit win2k. You can try whit Ulead Studio 7 or eihgter for capture micromv. (sorry mi poor English).

Comment

• George Ogden
          • Mar 2005

MicroMV Capture Problems

I too have serious problems capturing video from my IP7E camera using MovieShaker. Skipping, blocky images sound very bad etc.

The first few times it seemed to work OK then suddenly the problems appeared.

I realised that I was initialy capturing with only the battery for a power supply and discovered that if I removed the DC power supply and re-ran the capture using the battery only the video capture was fine.

Don't quite understand why but it worked for me.

Comment

Working...