Need help Converting SVCD/AVI files to DVD!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thekidy_towell
    • Aug 2003

Need help Converting SVCD/AVI files to DVD!!

I'm not to sure where to post this thread. Im sure ill get told if ive posted it in the wronge place.
    I download alot of movies from P2P networks like Kazza etc. Recently over the last few months i have been downloading files from eMule. The files are already in the SVCD format and are already to burn to CD-R.
    I have just purchased a DVD Writer and was wondering how to back up these SVCD files to DVD disk instead of 2-3 CD-R disks.
    I was hoping some one could give me a direct link to a site explaining the processes to doing this!
    I know ill have to convert the dat file back to mpg, but what will be the best program for converitng it to DVD?
    I know how to make S/VCD's etc. But im having a little dificulty converting to DVD format.
    Ive sucessfuly made a backup or a DVD using dvdshrink and dvdimgtool etc.
    Ive already tried to convert 'the transporter' which was an XVID avi file, using TMPG. The files did not play once burned to disk? I was wondering if there was a quide that i could follow to see where im going wronge!

P.S. the files im trying to convert is the 3 disk Bad Boys II. Which i found a link for on the sharereactor website.

Thanks in advance people.
    Keep up the good work.
  • shiny#3
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jul 2003

for your avi files you can use Tmpeg to accomplish that

for your svcd files take a look at this thread:

if you have question on downloaded movies
    and since you name where you obtained them
    you might fare better posting to the P2P forum.

good luck!

Comment

Working...