Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirminder
    • Aug 2003

Newbie w/ Standalone DVD Player problems

Hi, newbie here. Im not too sure if this would be the right forum to post this but, maybe some of you can help. I have a Sony DVP-C660 and it has been working fine until yesterday. All of the sudden I started seeing green squares accross the screen in a diagonal pattern. I tried cleaning the player with a CD cleaning disc but, not luck with that.

I browsed around the net hoping to find some helpful sites regarding problems with DVD players and how to fix them. So if any one know what this problem is or can point me to a site, that would be great. I also have the choice of taking to a repair tech but, I would like to see if this is something I can tackle myself and save me a few $$$. Thanks.
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

can you return/exchange it for a new one or is it just this one disk. Also is it original or is it something you burned

Comment

• sirminder
      • Aug 2003

Unfortunatly I cant return it. I purchased it about 2 1/2 yrs ago at Best Buy and did not buy their service warranty . The squares I get are with all disc's, all original. I dont have any burned VCD's or DVD's. But now im starting to think it could be the actual output of the dvd player and not the lens of the laser or have to do with any of the internal decoding. When I turn the unit on without any disc, the 'SONY DVD' screen comes on. It is then that I am able to see the tiny artifacts on the screen as well. I tried using the 'S', 'Composite' and 'Component' outputs but, they all have the problem

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I tried cleaning the player with a CD cleaning disc but, not luck with that."

If you actually used a "CD" cleaning disk, that won't do it for a standalone DVD player. Maxell makes a DVD/CD cleaning disk that retails for approximately $10US...

Comment

Working...