Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keithh
    • Aug 2003

Firewire Capture

I'm grateful for the help I received on a recent question so here's another newbie question. I have a JVC 9700 digital camcorder with a firewire, I have a firewire cable and a firewire slot on my PC. When I plugged the camcorder windows said the slot was active but I couldn't see any sign that the cam was recognised. JVC don't have any drivers.

I have a Time PC and Windows Moviemaker what more do I need or where do I go for a guide? Thanks in advance.
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

If you have any drivers/software to install that came with the camera install it. Then plug up the camera then open up the software. OR try to capture using VirtualDub

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

well if ur windows is recognising ur dv perhaps u should try cyberlinks powerdirector pro 2.55 its easy to us and capture .

virtualdub worked best for me if i do analog capturing i dont know why but im not so happy with dv capturing using virtualdub
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

All editing software will capture DV. ULead Video Studio 7 will capture it as an MPEG2 (if space is a consideration) but it's not freeware.

Comment

• Keithh
          • Aug 2003

Thanks

While free software is lovely I'm happy to purchase what I need. What I want really is to plug the camera in, play the files and save them to DVD. The advice I've had will be a big help to me.

Keith

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Keithh
            While free software is lovely I'm happy to purchase what I need. What I want really is to plug the camera in, play the files and save them to DVD. The advice I've had will be a big help to me.

Keith
            well search the net for making trial to freeware acnt say anymore, powerdirector and videostudio7 are the best and user friendly, powerdirector has somwhat better video quality in mpeg1 files (vcd rate actually)
            Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• rsquirell
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Feb 2003

Ulead and Pinnacle gives you 30 day trials...check out a couple before shelling out the bucks, and choose the one you like.

Comment

Working...