Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drandles
    • Jan 2002

No sound on S/PDIF on AIW Radeon

I am not getting sound out of the S/PDIF connector on my All in Wonder Radeon card. I have only the integrated sound card that came with my EPOX board installed in this computer. I get sound out of the sound card just fine.

I have a 5.1 channel sound card available. Does it need to be installed or will I only get sound out on the S/PDIF lead when I am playing a DVD. How does this S/PDIF lead work?

Dale
  • Kaiser-Soze
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jan 2002

Have u configured your player (PowerDVD,WinDVD ?) for SPDIF?
    U must
    1) enable SPDIF output of your Audio Card
    2) enable the SPDIF Mode in your player
    3)Check if you have connected your DVD player to the Audio Card with SPDIF cable that comes with it (2 pin)

Try the above and tell us about your progress
    Speak until the tape runs out. Playback the tape until the story is finished...

Comment

• drandles
      • Jan 2002

I should've looked on the ATI website

Silly me. I didn't think to look on the ATI web site. This should have been in the manual!

"How do I enable S/PDIF (Dolby Digital AC-3) output in the ATI DVD Player?

WARNING:

DVD AUDIO is not sent to both the S/PDIF output and the PC Sound Card at the same time. If you ENABLE the S/PDIF output you must connect the S/PDIF output to the S/PDIF input of your Dolby Digital AC-3 decoder/amplifier in order to hear the sound. You must DISABLE S/PDIF to use the PC Sound Card for DVD Audio.

In order to use the S/PDIF output of the ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON it must be enabled in the ATI DVD Player."

Dale

Comment

Working...