X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xboot
    • Aug 2003

Nero 6 Info Need A.s.a.p Plz!! Read

HI, I need to know something b4 i waste another dvd-r
    can i burn a mpeg2 video file to a dvd-r with nero 6 under dvd iso/udf.
    will it convert into files need to play on a standalone dvd player?

plz advise

thanks again all

xboot
  • xboot
    • Aug 2003

ok anyone can try and answer !!
    don't be afraid
    !!!@@@!!!

Comment

• littlemouse
      Setaeriper
      • Aug 2003

Yes, you can do it with Nero Vision Express (NVE). NVE will help you to create DVD from .avi or .mpeg.
      I have to stop my progress of editing home movie to answer your question. Hope I did answer your question....
      Don't be afraid to waste a DVD-R. It will give you experiences.
      Those who can, do. Those who wonder why, help.
      Where can you find the best DVD backup software? Please click here

Comment

• xboot
        • Aug 2003

hi ok thanks again for that info,

so this NeroVision Express 2 can burn mpegs to dvd-r in dvd format??

i will check into this program

thanks

XBOOT

Comment

• littlemouse
          Setaeriper
          • Aug 2003

You're very welcome.
          You can go to Nero website and check for the new version at:
          Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

Nero 6 Ultra Edition has three packages to download, the second package would be the one you need:

Nero 6 Ultra Edition Package 2 contains:
          NeroVision Express 2
          Nero ShowTime
          Nero Recode

Hope you will find thinks that you wanted. Oh, with the latest Nero 6 Ultra Edition, the option to shutdown the computer during the time recording has taken off...
          P.S: I was wrong about Nero 6 Ultra Edition, the option to shutdown PC when done still on it, click on file->preferences, then select "Show option to shut down the PC after burning." That's it.
          Last edited by littlemouse; 4 Sep 2003, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• xboot
            • Aug 2003

hi its me again lol

just another question for ya

i just created vob files from a mpeg video, its 4.37 gbs

this should fit on to a dvd-r correct??

plz advise on this

ALSO,

do u know about ulead moviemaker? thats what i ve been using
            to make my videos into dvd format then burn them, but i am going to try nero ultra like u said.
            my question about ulead moivemaker is i have 2 parts of a mpg file MPEG1 AND MPEG2 SAME MOVIE THO and it won't join toghter correctly the spech is off for some reson, but i am trying somthing else i used ulead moviemaker and droped both parts in and check off "continue play after first clip" and uncheck "make menu" so am i correct in saying that it will just play throw the full movie without stoping????? just like if i joined them togther??

thansk again littlemouse.....
            XBoot :O)

Comment

• xboot
              • Aug 2003

edit to above its not mpeg1 and mpeg2 i ment its a mpeg video
              cd1 and mpeg video cd2

its in mpeg format just to clear that up lol

Comment

• littlemouse
                Setaeriper
                • Aug 2003

Hi xboot,
                Did you say "ulead moviemaker" ? I've never heard it before. I did go to Ulead website and check for it but I couldn't find any where. Ulead only has these program:
                DVD MovieFactory 2
                VideoStudio 7
                DVD WorkShop AC-3
                MediaStudio Pro

I don't know which one you use, so I will make a brief note for those program, except for DVD Workshop AC-3, because I've never used it.
                DVD MovieFactory 2 can copy directly DVD movie into hardrive as mpeg files, easily to make and edit DVD movie (under edit DVD mode). It combines mpeg files and create Dvd faster than other Ulead programs. You can set up point for fast forward, or create simple DVD menus with pictures you chose. It has only one disadvantage: quality is not too good if compare with other Ulead program.
                VideoStudio 7 can combine, edit mpeg files as DVD MovieFactory 2, can create simple menus.
                Advantage: produce quality DVD movies
                Disadvantage: can not set up points for forward unless you select "Make menus"
                MediaStudio is one of the best program that I recommend to you. It has many options: Capture, Video Editor, Audio Editor, CG Graphics, Video Paint, and DVD Authoring,etc..., you can read about those program on Ulead's website
                Advantage: you can create and edit mpeg or avi file perfectly, with many option to build professional home movies.
                Disadvantage: very slow when editing mpeg files.

If I were you, I would use those three programs together. When I need to capture from Digital Camcorder or other sources, I will use VideoStudio 7. If I want to edit mpeg or avi files, I will use MediaStudio.
                If I capture mpeg files from VideoStudio and I don't need to edit, then I will use DVD MovieFactory to build DVD files (VOB, BUP, IFO) faster.
                I know it's complicated, but that would be better than use Nero Vision Express, because that is just the "beta" from Nero. It's not complete yet.

Before on the first post, you ask for Nero, so I can't say anything about Ulead. If you still need more information, ask me. If I know, I will be very happy to share with you...

Comment

Working...